Search Romantique

Friday, September 14, 2012

Nailah's Favorite Poem Friday.....Wait, I Mean Nailah's Favorite Lyrics Friday!


"La Javanaise" 
By Serge Gainsbourg
I had
A few
Tough years
Didn’t you
My true love
Until
At last
You crossed
My path
My true love

If you don’t mind
While dancing the javanaise
Our love lasted
As long as a song
What do
You think
That we
Have seen
Of true love
Let me
Tell you
I was
Deceived
My true love

If you don’t mind
While dancing the javanaise
Our love lasted
As long as a song
Alas
April
In vain
Draws me
To true love
I was
Willing
To see
In you
This true love
If you don’t mind
While dancing the javanaise
Our love lasted
As long as a song
Life is
Pointless
When it's
Devoid
Of true love
But that’s
The choice
You made
For us
My true love

If you don’t mind
While dancing the javanaise
Our love lasted
As long as a song
By
Serge Gainsbourg

I figure I'll do something different, since this seemed to be my Juliette Gréco week. I've been listening to her music all month, I was in a bliss.. still am... lol.
I figured song lyrics go hand, & hand with poetry, so why not share words or l'amour, and a voice  of wisdom...
"La Javanaise" lyrics are simple, yet so strong. Love this chanson, so beautiful!

Thanks NakedTranslations for the translation, it was a big help!

Have a wonderful weekend 
Amour Toujours
Nailah D'arcy 
Also.. To check out more Romantique Innocent's favorite Love Song.. Check out Romantique Musiq

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy