Search Romantique

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jim Carrey & Love Obsessions: Part 1

I love Jim Carrey. His acting skills are superb!
After watching "The Truman Show" over the weekend; I noticed that  Jim Carrey always seems too star in self discovery films. 

Jim Carrey challenges the audience with either comedy, or drama, which makes the audience think outside the box. 
I guess that's easy for an out of the box type of guy. 

Although, I notice one particular plot that keeps occurring in the 'Jim Carrey Personal Growth Films'. 
Obsession, change, challenges, and lover that brings enlightenment. 
The lesson will be learned either by the opposite, or the main character.

Although, Jim Carrey is known for his outrageous, and an outlandish bi-polar comedy. 
His the inner us. Things we try to hide, things we are afraid of. 
Because we all have a little crazy in us, I guess it depends on how you use it.. I guess this is just the Jim Carrey Way.. slapstick humor.
 Top five love obsession Jim Carrey films... Enjoy.. 
What's Yours?

Number Five: "I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. You seem to prefer the latter"
"Hey Steve I'm on a pay phone, so if you're there pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up, well OK, call me back"

"The Cable Guy". 

Yeah, I know it's not your average romance. This film has fatal attraction written all over it, but the attraction wasn't lust, or love ..... 
It's more like an unrequited friendship?
Chip Douglas, and he's love for television, & a neglectful mother; which may have triggered an anti-social behavior, which led to an obsession over Steven, and many others; To the point that it has become dangerous.

"The Cable Guy" portray an obsession of acceptance. 
Although, This film was so creepy, that you actually thought that Chip was in love with Steven, In a odd way.
This film has obsession written all over it and teaches us the lesson of quickly naming random people our "Buddy".
 Number Four: "Good-bye, my love!"
The Funniest, and the dumbest movie ever. "Dumb & Dumber"  Lloyd Christmas infatuation with one women, almost destroyed a friendship. 
Although this adventure came with perks, but with a heavy price. 
An unrequited love obsession in a form of comedy. 
I will admit due to their lack of intelligence, I feel the characters truly did not learn anything through this ordeal.
Nevertheless, Harry & Lloyd could teach many how to just be themselves, know matter what others think. 
I call this the obsessional pursuit; but a somewhat healthy one....
 Number Three: "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"


"The Truman Show"

Ah, one of my favorite Jim Carrey films. 
The " I want more out my life film, but I just don't know how can break away, because something is always holding me back.... & I really don't know what it is.
Maybe it's cameras?

The obsession of wanting more out of life, but the challenge is truly ourselves. But, in this case 
Truman Burbank obsession of change came in a lovely form of a women, and those eyes; That brings the discovering a life that is a sham.
"The Truman Show" is one of the most interesting films ever.

This is the personal Growth film, and shows us the challenges that hold ourselves back from out of fear.
Each character learned a lesson either through letting go, or moving forward.
Albeit, it took one women to question your life of convenience.

Amour Toujours
Nailah D'arcy 
Want to Continue Reading This Post.......
To Read Part 2 Click Here

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy