Search Romantique

Friday, August 17, 2012

Gosh, It's Friday Already.....Nailah's Favorite Poem Friday!!


Vanity By Sylvia Chidi

Some call it vanity
I call it complete sanity

I belong to a different league
A goddess with a cocktail of different wigs
Far too intelligent for any audience
To mass entertain will be an utter nuisance

I'm too intelligent to respond 
It’s only with a certain class that I bond
For I am far too glamorous 
To be anything but humorous

I belong to a group called animosity
A simple case of personal philosophy
Where I outclass modernity
My body built to perfection
I know it is the universal intention

Some call it vanity
I call it complete sanity

I am so artistically brainy
That my thoughts are far from grainy
I belong to a different breed
I simply will not spoon-feed

If you are born empty inside
I’m afraid I can’t take you for a ride
They refer to my vanity as a beast
I stare at my vanity with sanity as a feast 
Written By
Sylvia Chidi

Love this poem; clever, & witty!  I love it!
It actually went along with the theme of this week; So, I had to post this poem as NFPF. 
Check out more poems from this amazing poet Sylvia Chidi at poemhunter
And, when I say amazing, I  mean it she's amazing! 


Have Wonderful Weekend 
Amour Toujours 
Nailah D'arcy 

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy