Search Romantique

Friday, July 13, 2012

NFPF: Nailah's Favorite Poem Friday!!



The love I look for

By Lesbia Harford


The love I look for 
Could not come from you. 
My mind is set to fall 
At Peterloo. 
But you'ld protect me, 
I'd be safe with you. 
You could but love me 
In the olden way, 
With gifts of jewels, children,
Time to play, 
Be man to woman 
In the olden way. 
The love that's love has 
Other gifts to bring, 
A share in weakness, dreams, 
And suffering. 
These are the only 
Gifts I'd have to bring. 
The love I look for 
Does not come from you. 
I see it dawning in 
Deep eyes of blue. 
I dare to hope for 
Love, but not from you. 


Written By
Lesbia Harford

Avoir un merveilleux week-end
Amour Toujours
Nailah D'arcy 

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy