Search Romantique

Friday, March 23, 2012

Nailah's Favorite Poem Friday! Just Another NFPF Moment!

Another Love 
By 
Dante Gabriel Rossetti 
Of her I thought who now is gone so far
And, the thought passing over, to fall thence 
Was like a fall from spirit into sense 
Or from the heaven of heavens to sun and star. 
None other than Love's self ordained the bar 
'Twixt her and me; so that if, going hence, 
I met her, it could only seem a dense 
Film of the brain, just nought, as phantoms are. 
Now when I passed your threshold and came in, 
And glanced where you were sitting, and did see 
Your tresses in these braids and your hands thus, 
I knew that other figure, grieved and thin, 
That seemed there, yeah that was there, could not be, 
Though like God's wrath it stood dividing us. 
Written By
Dante Gabriel Rossetti 

Avoir un merveilleux week-end
amour toujours
Nailah D'arcy 

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy