Search Romantique

Friday, February 24, 2012

Nailah's Favorite Poem Friday! Another NFPF Moment!


 "I Am Not Yours" 

I am not yours, not lost in you, 
Not lost, although I long to be 
Lost as a candle lit at noon, 
Lost as a snowflake in the sea. 

You love me, and I find you still 
A spirit beautiful and bright, 
Yet I am I, who long to be 
Lost as a light is lost in light. 

Oh plunge me deep in love -- put out 
My senses, leave me deaf and blind, 
Swept by the tempest of your love, 
A taper in a rushing wind. 

Written 
by 
Sarah Teasdale 


Amour Toujours 
Nailah D'arcy 

2 comments:

Carole said...

Nice poem. My favorite one (short one that is) is Ozymandias http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/12/ozymandias-percy-bysshe-shelley.html

Nailah D'arcy said...

Yes, it's a very nice poem . One of my favorites also.

Nailah D'arcy ;)

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy