Search Romantique

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Scandalous Women! Writing About A Scandalous Couple

I've continuously said, " I refuse to write post about Jane Austen everyday"
I love Jane Austen to death, but I am just not ready to die for her yet! ( bad joke I know) 
However, a romance is a romance, and I'm all about romance, love, history, and saucy women. It always seems to make a great story. 
Right?

"Mr. Darcy Take A Wife" By Linda Berdoll
Why is this novel scandalous? 

I picked up this novel, and never in my wildest dreams thought it would be full of passion, and lust (yes lust),  and a whole lotta loving. 
This was the first Pride & Prejudice continuation novel I read. 
I must say, I was not let down.
The first part of the novel goes into the first months of the newlyweds
Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Darcy
 And, It's pretty spicy.
The novel somewhat losses it's spunk after awhile, and becomes quite bleak. It has it's a little twist, and turns with Jane, and Charles Bingley loveless marriage, and an Illegitimate young man who may be Darcy's bastard son. And much more......

The second part of the novel is amazing. 
Another, "Darcy Saved My Life Story " 
I'll admit I loved it! 


This would not be a Pride & Prejudice continuation without drama. "Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife" was full of drama.

This is a must read for Jane Austen fans, that likes romance a little saucy & on the wild side.

This novel has received good and very bad reviews.
I had a few problems with this novel. 
For instance, the grammar was not so great ( like I could do any better). And, a little too much intimacy... Darcy was a beast. The way Darcy was going at Elizabeth, she should have been on a wheel chair, by the end of the novel ( not hating ).
I'm pretty upset with the reviews, that this novel received. 
I will admit some parts where little raunchy; Yet, I have read far worst "Pride and Prejudice" continuations. 

Either Mr. Darcy is too perfect, plain & boring, or beyond sensual. I'll admit rather have the beast with some limitations. Just some. 

I think many people are so close to Fitzwilliam Darcy, that they tend to forget Mr. Darcy is a man, not a god.. Jane  Austen 
"Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife" Is an amazing novel... A novel with a lot of personality. Which is something I like, and respect.
Words Of Wisdom, & L'amour 
 Yet, you can tell this novelist has an amazing imagination. 
I've always noticed that many well-educated writes lack imagination, and the moderate-educated always seem have creativity out of this world. So, before you start judging a writer.. Don't forget Jane Austen lack of education.

My Ratings
4 1/2 out 5
Amour Toujours
séjour glamour et scandaleux
Nailah D'arcy

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy