Search Romantique

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pride & Prejudice 1940 Film

Pride and Prejudice (1940 film)

Pro's & Con's
Pro: Cute movie. With a happy ending.  Beautiful Laurence Olivier as Mr. Darcy.  Well that sums it up! LOL
Con's:  So many I can't even name.  The fashion? was very odd!.  The movie was nothing like the novel.. I don't think it should be called Pride & Prejudice at all.  
The characters where way off. 
Lady Catherine playing matchmaker? am sorry to say this but " WTF"??? .  Elizabeth Bennet I don't know what to say, she was more arrogant & snooty, than Mr. Darcy.  
Hey I don't have problem with it, but that's just not the Elizabeth Bennet I know. To sum it up great little story,  but nothing like the novel,  yet it was very cute in it's own way.

My ratings for this
 2 out of 5 (only because of Laurence Olivier. Gosh I love him)

Laurence Olivier as Fitzwilliam Darcy
Greer Garson as Elizabeth Bennet
Edna May Oliver as Lady Catherine de Bourgh
Bruce Lester as Mr. Bingley
Mary Boland as Mrs. Bennet
Edmund Gwenn as Mr. Bennet
Karen Morley as Charlotte Collins
Marsha Hunt as Mary Bennet
Melville Cooper as Mr. Collins

No comments:

ShareThis

Romantique Innocence By Nailah D'arcy